- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 11-08-2013
Nothing is more frustrating then putting on weight over the holidays. Here are some tips to help you lose weight along the way.
1. Because parties with lots of sweets and fats are the norm, you have to plan what and when to eat. It is a good idea to eat some healthy foods before you go to the party... such as a wrap with hummus, greens and turkey. You are less likely to overindulge if you are not hungry. It's kind of like the concept of not going to the grocery store if you are hungry. Try to eat more proteins and less carbs at the party or dinner. It will keep you fuller longer. (This applies to Christmas shopping too...eat healthy at home and avoid fast food at the mall).
2. Think about dessert ahead of time as well. Plan to try a couple desserts but keep the portions small. It's best to take a small taste of each one so you don't feel deprived.
3. Alcohol consumption can really increase your caloric intake.....so again form a plan on what you are going to drink and stick to it. If you have a glass of wine, your next drink should be a glass of water and alternate this way most of the evening. (Keeps you from becoming the life of the party too, if you know what I mean). Sometimes we eat or drink too much because we are dehydrated so always drink a large glass of water before going to the party.
4. Lastly, the dreaded "E" word. Keep exercising, you need it even more over the holidays due to stress and over consumption. Take time to walk 30 minutes every day. This is a great time of the year for a walking program with the cooler weather and festive decorations everywhere. Keep a log of your exercise program and increase that walking to 30 minutes twice a day on the party days.
Follow these tips and you will survive the holidays without expanding your waist and going up a size for your holiday attire.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
Sign up now for a free consultation!
|Monday||8:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Friday||8:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||Closed|
|6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||1:00 PM||Closed|
Great, friendly staff and the best doctors! These wonderful people have changed my life and health for the better! I feel incredible every time I leave this place!